Monday, April 12, 2010

Celebrities

That’s right everyone, I’m famous. Well…Emily more so, but this is my blog, so we are just focusing on me. Last week Emily and I and a few other of our friends were “extra’s” in the filming of movie coming out called the Chalet Girl. A snowboarding Cinderella story staring Bill Nighy, Ed Westwick, Brook Shields, Sofia Bush, and Nicholas Braun. The scene that we were filming was an engagement party for Sofia and one of the dudes. They provided all of us guys with tuxedos and the girls had to bring an array of their dresses for the costume designers to choose from. It was a very long day. We arrived at 7:00 am and were there until around 6:00. As I have never been an extra in a film before, it was very interesting to see how the whole process works. Lots of dry rehearsals, numerous takes, and uncomfortable miming. Did you know that the people in movies and TV shows in the background aren’t really talking…they are miming. It’s really weird to do. Unfortunately, if you see this wonderful film I kind of doubt if you will see my smiling, miming face, however there is probably a 90% chance that you could see Emily’s. She was much closer to the action of the camera and basically got to hang out with Bill Nighy for most of the day. He’s a pretty hilarious guy. Super down to earth and easy to hang around. I’m sure that Emily will post all about it ( emilyhodgin.blogspot.com ). There isn’t a whole lot more that I can describe, we did a lot of standing around. Bottom line of the story, it was a fun experience, we met some stars, got free food, and made 45 Euro. I hope you all are doing great. I miss all of you.

It is hard to imagine this guy as the Davy Jones in Pirates of the Carribean.

The three of us in the back that you will probably never see.

The girls making friends with one of filmmakers. It was actually his birthday too.

The costume designer didn't trust us guys to keep our shirts clean during lunch so they made us where tight white t-shirts over top of them.

Outside of our extra's trailer. Mom, do you recognize Emily's scarf?

3 comments:

  1. I have decided you are a giant. Or Bill Nighy is a midgit. Did he have to be on a platform too? Sounds like lots of fun. Glad you got to experience something so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool! I hope you guys get to go snowboarding for the movie, that would be amazing. It was great to talk with you, thanks for calling me. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun Ryan! I am pretty jealous...no fun celebrities like that at The Allison. You are one up on me. Darn. Love the updates...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete