Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The German Stench

Probably one of the biggest downside to living in Germany is the Bavarian man. There is nothing better than walking alongside or standing around German men and taking the time to appreciate their oh so sweet aroma. Ok, lets be honest...it reeks and I hate it. Sometimes I feel like I might as well just stick my face up into their non-deodorized armpit because the smell is already so invasive. Is their own sense of smell so numb that they do not realize the effect that they have on others around them? As many of you listeners (I sometimes like to pretend that this blog is like my own miniature radio show) know, I have long enjoyed the daily activity of working out. My daily workday routine involves heading over the gym where my built up aggression from cleaning toilets in combination with ear blazing beats and a delicious mixture of bodybuilding supplements result in a energetic, heart-pounding, adrenaline-filled workout. However on many occasions my lifting "high" has been ruined by the German man's sense of hygiene. So much in fact that in one case I walked into the gym and immediately had to turn around and leave because the German stench is magnified 10-fold when they workout. Well there you have it, that is my pet peeve. A national problem so small that it could be solved by a simple stick of deodorant, yet so big that has caused millions of German woman and foreigners to complain about it and me to even blog about it. The whole situation simply stinks.

2 comments:

  1. I am very sorry for your nose. I thought that might be why Germany beat England in the World Cup - they overpowered them with smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to see why I can post on Colleen's and not yours. This is an experiment.

    ReplyDelete