Thursday, February 4, 2010

German Food!!!

Now that I am here, one of the things that I am curious about is why people seemed to be making such a big deal about the German food and that I wasn't going to like it. I love German food. It is delicious. Great meats, breads, cheeses, beer. Maybe it is the kind of food that is more appealing to a man or maybe it is because I have German ancestry on both sides of my family, but regardless....it's great. One of the things that we did when we were in Munich was go to the famous Hofbrauhaus. Live Bavarian music, servers in the traditional dress, great food, good beer and giant pretzels. Loved it. And if my Mom or Michelle or anyone comes to visit, I will take you there. One thing that I like about the beer here is how simple it is. Yeah there are tons of different breweries, but their beers are very simple. Duncal, Helles, Weisen. Dark, Light, or Wheat. You can get the wheat in light or dark. But one of the really interesting things that you can order here that I think people should try at home is beer with lemonade or maybe it is lemon soda. But it is great. In a dark beer it adds the perfect amount of sweetness. Don't worry though mom, I'm not becoming an alcoholic. Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment